Kasauli Club, Kasauli Cantonment

Some gentlemen of Kasauli, (both from the services and civilians) established the Kasauli Reading and Assembly Room in 1880.  In January 1898, it was taken over as ‘The Kasauli Club’ and converted into a limited liability company.  Mr Meakins who was the largest share holder, agreed to let out the premise to the committee of management which was composed of service officers and civilian servants in the cantonment.  The present Club provides boarding and lodging facilities.